Trying to find pdf flip book software for Mac

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by monta17, Feb 25, 2010.

1. macrumors member

May 7, 2009
    I've used FlippingBook software from and it is beautiful. Creates elegant flip books from pdf files. I've used these to create company catalogs that we put on our websites. The problem is that this program only works on a PC. I have to create my pdf files and then try to find someone with a PC to run my files through the program.
    I am looking for a similar programs that works with Mac.
    Here is a link to the program I am talking about:
    check out some of their demos - their beautiful (not clunky looking like some I've seen.
  2. macrumors newbie

Mar 30, 2010
    Mac Version

Its for mac or pc, but is more expensive.

Did you find any other page flipping/e edition software for the Mac?
  3. macrumors newbie

Apr 25, 2007

I'm pretty sure InDesign in CS4 has the ability to do this feature - but think it generates an SWF. Not sure if this helps
  4. macrumors 65816

Oct 17, 2007
    London / U.K.
    You are correct.
  5. macrumors newbie

Jul 21, 2011

Have you tried Keynote (part of iWork)?
    I recently opened an old keynote file, saved it as a pdf and it "played" fine, music and all. Then I uploaded it to my server to view online, fine again.

A note: When saving a pdf for the web, downsize the file, to ensure it is not too large

Hope this helps you.
  6. macrumors newbie

Mar 16, 2012
    Hi, Would you allow me to see this working, or for me to see how you made the file? (new to mac) Stephen
  7. macrumors newbie

Mar 17, 2012
    Trying to find pdf flip book software for Mac

I have Keynote but I have never used it so
    i would love to also know how to do this---it would help greatly!
  8. macrumors newbie

Jul 24, 2011
    Hi monta17

I have an identical question - I produce maybe 4 or 5 a year for different websites - but would like Mac software. Did you find anything good or did you go back to page-flip?