Trying to Get Started with iPhoto 4!?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sgmorr, Jan 23, 2006.

1. sgmorr macrumors member

I am behind the times. I just got my first digital camera and am trying to get started using iPhoto 4. I am having trouble figuring out how to get a photo into an edit mode where I can do simple things like red eye reduction. I can view my photo in library mode and then double click it, opening it in another window (supposed to be an edit window). But no matter what I do, the red eye tool button remains grayed out. It seems like I can never actually get into an edit mode or window. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Alright i think i know what you mean so I'll give my suggestion. When you double click the photo and it goes into "edit" mode(where it is the only one showing) click and hold the cursor over one of the eyes that is red and release. You should now have a large shaded area and a smaller normal colored box. Now click red eye and it should change their eye color back to something normal. I hope that works.

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

yep, although it's click and drag. it makes an area that it checks for red eye and then converts. same for crop and other features.