Trying to get wireless connection to iMac from Airport extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mztova, Jul 8, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello! I need some help as I am new to mac...
    I have a new iMac and bought the airport extreme to connect me wirelessly from cable modem....also have pc hard wired to airport extreme...set everything up and initially connection to both pc and imac.
    First time connected to internet with imac.
    It wanted some updates done..registered with apple care (i think that is what its called) and then after a couple of hours couldnt connect to wireless internet.
    The imac is 2 floors up from airport..thought that was the problem..brought imac to the airport extreme..still no network.
    I am missing something and I need some help please!!!
    Thanks
    Tova

2. macrumors 603

richard.mac

try rebooting the Airport Extreme and the iMac.

if this doesnt work tell us the details or take a screenshot of the Network preferences window and the TCP/IP tab in the advanced window.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I did reboot and nothing! I couldn't even get the internet to work on the pc without disconnecting the airport extreme. So i have no idea how to do the screen shot and I the imac won't connect to the net. It did once yesterday when I first plugged in the airport extreme and it went into sleep mode and then internet no more.

4. macrumors regular

There seems to be an issue with the latest Airport Extreme update (06/30/08).

Go to the Apple forums for more info. http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1135

Some users have patched together their own work arounds, others have uninstalled the latest update and reinstalled the previous version.

Sorry this happened to you, but good luck!