Trying to Get XP to network with AE @ home

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stubeeef, Dec 3, 2004.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I have a wireless airport express network at home, my company made me get (they bought it) a dell x300/xp pro/yada yada yada.

i just got it home and loaded the airport express utilities and am already lost.

Any kind, and gentle, help would be most welcome this holiday season.

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Ok, I'm guessing windows XP. Bring up your network connections (Right click Network Neighborhood and choose properties. Its sometimes on the desktop, otherwise click the start button and look for it.) Make sure the wireless connection is Enabled. There should be a network icon in the bottom right, and though that you can minipulate which base station you are connected too. That is the best explanation other than being right there or doing this over the phone so I understand what you see.

3. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I have network and internet connections in the control panel.

Using XP PRO.

ps thanks in advance!

4. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

so is the AE showing up as a network that you can connect too? When you are connected, does your computer get an ip address from the station.

5. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Got it up and running, dont have a clue how!

Hope it stays up.

:confused:

6. steller macrumors member

try resetting your airport express and then use your windows to setup the password and stuff. That's what I did. It didn't work for me at first too.