Trying to install Fink on Jaguar....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mindfield, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Mindfield macrumors member

Feb 24, 2003
    I need to install SpiderMonkey-javascript to learn a bit of programming, before the next version of Dimension3 arrives.

I've got to this point in the installation guide.
    The problem is that when I write source /sw... to the terminal window, it says this:
    The other method gets this reply: pico: Command not found. I tried to get help from Fink's IRC-channel, but the helpful folk there just guided me to "find a way to shell out the config file" and to read the FAQ. The thing is I'm not that experienced to read the technical jargon well. I didn't find any solution, even though I read the FAQ and Documentation through for God knows how many times.

I'll try to ask nicely this time, if someone would actually help me this time: "Could someone be so kind that he could help me in this dire situation?

There, I said it.
  2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy side of the Pacific NW

Pico isn't part of fink as far as I know - but it is part of the Apple install. You may need to install the developer's tools to get it however.

The path should be /usr/bin/pico

Regarding the missing init.csh: Basically it should be there. :) If it's not, the only thing I can think of is to move /sw out of the way (sudo mv /sw /sw-hide) and then reinstall fink.
  3. Mindfield thread starter macrumors member

Feb 24, 2003
    I got it fixed a bit earlier, but I wasn't able to delete this thread, so that nobody doesn't have to waste their time with it. I'll change the topic.