Trying to Network Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Cashmonee, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Cashmonee macrumors 6502

Cashmonee

Ok, so here is my setup. I have 1 Windows desktop with a Canon i860 connected and then 2 notebooks, 1 a Dell and the other my MacBook Pro. Obviously the two Dells can print with no problem. The Mac on the other cannot. There is no driver for my specific printer and I cannot figure out which Canon driver is compatible. Is there any way to make this work? Will buying an Aiport Base Station do the trick? I really don't want to spend that kind of money on a router when the one I have works great, but I am out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Try downloading this driver (select Mac OS X). Link

Also, is this a wired network or wireless?

3. Cashmonee thread starter macrumors 6502

Cashmonee

The desktop is wired and the laptops are wireless. Also, that link did not work, what driver was it?

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I think the problem is that Canon does not support GIMP network printing and thus it is very hard for OS X to access the printer properly from across a network.

I may be mistaken though

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Grrrr. I hate expiring links. :mad:

Go to Canon.com > Americas > Canon USA > Downloads (at the bottom) > Consumer Products > 1. Printers 2. I Series 3. i860 Series > Drivers/Sofftware > i860 Printer Driver Ver. 4.1.5 (Mac OS X) > I agree - start download.

I can't guarantee it'll work, but it's worth a try.