Trying to use D3 PC mods?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mus0r, Apr 20, 2005.

1. mus0r macrumors regular

Mar 27, 2005
    Yeah, you can do it :D

I finally figured out how to get the friggin things to work. I had unpacked my .pk4 files trying to find where the .demo files were located (I still want to make a video... :mad: ). Anywho, this morning out of boredom I tried unpacking the .pk4 files for the nitrogore (sooooo sweet) and ducttape mods; I changed the file names of the original files to "filename" just incase, then I put the moded files in the appropriate folders. It worked just fine.

I couldn't find any info on the net about how to make the PC mods work, so I figured I'd let you fine people know incase you want to experiment. :)
  2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Rule #1 of mods:

Mods that are included in an installer do not work on the Mac.
    So make sure the mod you downloaded is a zip file, not an exe.

Just a friendly warning. That was the annoying part of getting mods on the Mac, because some mod makers think they are doing you a favor by making an auto-installing .exe.
  3. mus0r thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 27, 2005
    Some of those .exe files can be self-extracting .zip files. I've gotten those to open without a problem. Besides, if I did get an executable I could fire it up in VCP and copy the .pk4 files to my Mac desktop. No biggie ;)