Tsunami Aid Concert - Windows ONLY!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Black&Tan, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Okay, I'm pissed off now! I watched the concert Saturday night and thought the Roger Waters/Eric Clapton performance was wonderful. I went to the Tsunami website to find the downloads:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Tsunami_Aid:_A_Concert_of_Hope/

...clicked on the link for downloads and was kicked over to Sony's download site. Which told me I was unsupported because I'm using a browser other than IE. No big deal, fire up Classic and hit the link again using Internet Explorer. Then I get another message that says my operating system is unsupported. Come visit again when I switch to Windows. (my words, but the message is still the same). Okay, I'm getting more than a little annoyed, and wanted to vent by emailing the store letting them know they are discriminating against millions of users. I fill out the form with all the idiot tick boxes, and submit. An immediate response, "We don't support Macs." Your message will not be submitted. Aargghh......

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

3. iJoe macrumors member

Mac users need to put more pressure on sites that don't support OS X, especially since more people will be using both Macs and PC's with the advent of the Mac mini, and comparing what is available on the two.

4. Black&Tan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

...and there is no way to contact the Sony Connect site unless you're using Windows. I've tried. And I've tried to find the email address for Howard Stringer, the head of Sony USA. Nothing. I want to complain and there's no way to get through.

Typical of big business.

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Just use the debug menu to put on a nice Windows IE 6 costume, they will never know :)

jon

6. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

No, Apple does.