Tucano second skin or powersleevz for PB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by simon1, Jan 31, 2004.

1. simon1 macrumors newbie

Looking at getting something to put my new 15" powerbook in. Narrowed it in to the Tucano second skin or the powersleevz. Is it just personal taste or is one better than the other?.

Thanks.

Simon

2. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I would say (though i have no basis for it) that the Tucano Second Skin is more for your money. Even if you are only looking for something to prevent scratches, it will also provide padding. Just my 2 cents.

happy case hunting!

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i can't speak to the tucano second skin, but i have a powersleevz for my 12" pb. i had wanted one so i could slide it into my backpack and not worry about it getting scratched. it does not provide any padding - if that's what you're looking for, i'd suggest a full-on sleeve case instead (i have an acme sleeve - it works great). anyway, i do like the powersleevz and think it was worth the $20+ USD (though i got it as a christmas present, so i guess i can't really say that!:D ).

marianne

4. klyau6 macrumors member

how about the shinza zeroshock? anyone out there use that? it looks pretty good...

5. BowiPod macrumors member

I've got the Tucano for my 12", works great and has kept it in mint condition. I use it to slip the PowerBook into my backpack.