Tucker Carlson makes an a** of himself again

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Ho boy. There's nothing like pissing off our Canadian friends.

This is video footage (Real Media, sorry) from a CBC broadcast. Check out how stupid we look to them, thanks to Carlson (and Fox as well).

Y'all hear that, Canada? According to our pundits and their so-called "experts", you're not superior to us in any way. You're just jealous and self-hating. :rolleyes:

I think I'll go crawl in a hole somewhere.

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

carlson is indeed a horse's ass. i bet if he joined this forum, he'd get himself banned in a week. "canada needing america is a fact" -- what an ass.

4. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Fact: 85% of Canadian exports come to the United States.
    Fact: The American economy is generally thought of as stronger than Canada's

Theory: Canada doesn't have a big military presence in the world (compared to the US) so the american public views them as weak.

I love Canada, Toronto and Niagara Falls are great, now I'm exploring the BC. Tucker Carlson lost all clout in my mind when he got ass raped by John Stewart.

BEN

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'd love to see some sources for your facts. thanks.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Rampant Insecurity, thine is another name for it.

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I considered:
    "my baloney has a first name, it's T-U-C-K-E-R..." but I believe that is a Jingle known only to us Americans...(Oscar Meyer Bologna)

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

"Tucker has a way with B-A-L-O-N-E-Y..."
    Gotcha.
    Your first one was better.

9. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

At least Canada can confirm what we've been saying for a long time about our TV media's credibility: ABC, CBS and NBC have it; CNN has some (until Tucker Carlson opens his mouth); and Fox just ain't got it.

10. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Looks like he's right. But the U.S. exports almost as much to Canada. Another way of looking at it is that the US's trade relationship with Canada is the same as it is everywhere else: the U.S. has a massive trade deficit.

The real problem for the US is when the trade deficit and the federal deficit start to catch up to us. Then we'll see how "strong" our economy is compared to the rest of the world.

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

World Factbook does indeed have Canada-> US trade at 85%, and they import 60% of their foreign goods from US.

But Canada is the United States' largest trading partner also; 23% of the US exports go there and imports stand at 17%.

So Canada occupies the top spot in both US trade categories.

The US NEEDS Canada.

Carlson is wrong: if the US lost 1/4 of its export trade, it'd be so ****ed; the country is already running an enormous trade deficit, which you can see here: click and find the USA! (hint: you may wish to use the page down key to save time).

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

excellent. now how about this fact?

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Yeah, that fact's ******** 'cause "strong" is a qualitative adjective.

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

TC lost my respect when he put that stupid bowtie on. Then he opened his mouth...

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

As one who actively practices the preservation of lost sartorial arts (I occasionally wear a bow tie), I'm not sure how to take that observation.

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

There's a difference between an occasional outing with a bowtie and having it be your signature. ;)

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

"An occasional outing" -- I'm not sure I like the sound of that. Implies a confused sexual identity.

Anyway, I am prepared to defend bow ties, provided they are of the real hand-tied variety. Tucker Carlson is another matter entirely. He gives bow ties a bad name.

18. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

A Canadian point of view:

Ok, that guys does sound like a total stupid egomaniac, but to the guy's defense, his opponent (Carolyn Parrish) is considered a national shame by most canadians.

She was surprisingly and unusually well behaved in her debate with Carlson. This lady was banned from her political party a few weeks ago for calling Bush a stupid Moron and crushing bush figurines in front of cameras. (And many more mishaps of the same anti-american flavor) Some of her comments were also directed at the american people in general and not just the head of government.

I personally think this debate was more akin to a reality show than an actual debate... or more akin to a chimp boxing match. Both our fine countries were poorly representated in this debate. ;)

19. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Who cares what the heck Canadians think?

(That was meant as a joke. Honestly.)

20. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i learned a new word today! woo-hoo!

i don't really care who wears or doesn't wear a bow-tie. if TC wants to, that's fine. doesn't matter what he wears, i still think he's an idiot.

21. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

It's an excellent mnemonic aid and I'm glad he wears it. When I see a bowtie on CNN, my ******* alarm goes off.

22. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I know you're on a bit of a lexical roll, but that's tautologous. :rolleyes:

23. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

24. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Ouch, that sounds painful. I hope they at least gave you some local anesthesia when they implanted it. Does it have a "snooze" button?

25. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I love that Toblerone...