Tuesday April 1, 2003

Discussion in 'Community' started by mcrain, Mar 31, 2003.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Since we're all in a big holding pattern right now waiting for iPod, iBook and 15" powerbook updates...

tomorrow would be a perfect day for Apple to April fools us all.

They should announce something completely silly on their website tomorrow.

I personally would vote to have them put the iWalk for sale on their Store page.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Hmm, you think they'd do an April Fools? Have they ever done one before and if so anyone know what its been?

D

3. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    no idea if they've already done one, but yeah, i think they're up to it. they seem to have a sense of humour, and it is usually tuesdays when new stuff is announced right???

i'd love to see it...i remember when a top current affairs program in england called "panorama" which was very widely respected fooled thousands by stating spaghetti was grown on trees, they did a whole article on it showing the trees etc. classic. therefore i don't think it's above apple in any way. :)

4. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

5. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

There's a great article in one of the pro-audio mags this month, apparently Gibson are installing Ethernet connectors on all of their guitars to facilitate easier recording to hard-disc systems!

They even had a mock up of the new plate on a Les Paul with an Ethernet connector in place...:D

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I agree that historically Tuesday is the day that Apple tends to make their announcements. I'm ambivalent about the iPod.

7. vniow macrumors G4

8. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Hopefully an iPod update will come tomorrow. If new iPods do come out tomorrow, then I might buy one. :)

We can't wait much longer Apple! ;)

9. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

I don't know if you were kidding, but if you weren't, I'm sorry to say that it's not a joke... Gibson really is doing this. http://www.gibsonmagic.com/digitalguitar.html

10. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Sorry, I was going for the sarcasm tone, the article was dated march, I just thought it felt like an April fool...:p

Hmm, still feels like a sting to me:D