tuesday has passed...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by lorenzo, Apr 26, 2005.

1. lorenzo macrumors member

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

and a new thread was neccissary to state the obvious?

3. lorenzo thread starter macrumors member

it's a new thread for everyone to vent about how bummed out they are! many of us, myself included are just waiting for the new releases to come out so we can compare and buy.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

What exactly is it that you were going to buy?

5. lorenzo thread starter macrumors member

I'm awaiting the iBook updates. To determine weather or not a powerbook or ibook is my best bet. Fingers are crossed that apple will shock everyone and have wide screen 12inch powerbooks released, but i doubt it.

6. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

As is tomorrow. Hopefully when I wake up in the morning there will be new G5s ready for ordering :)

8. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Well, I won't be ordering another PowerMac line for another 3 years, since I'm perfectly happy with my dual 1.8Ghz G5. My last upgrade was from the Quicksilver G4 867Mhz from 2001. I was tempted to upgrade to the mirrored door G4s so many times, but I'm glad I was patient enough to wait.

I want to get the Dual 2.7Ghz machines but I think I can wait until Apple releases a dual-core dual processor +3.5Ghz processor machine or faster. Or I could see upgrading to a Rev.B G6 if it did come out. Cell processor also looks like a possibility. Regarding the Cell, I believe Apple has devoted resources in developing for this processor.

9. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Hasn't the last couple of updates/announcements been any day but Tuesday...? I know that earlier Tuesday was Apples preferred weekday for upgrade, but I feel lately that they've used any day of the week, really...

Anyone with (recent) statistics that can back me up or prove me wrong...?

10. Bear macrumors G3

There have been some Monday and Wednesday announcements over the past year or two. And at least once where we had 2 consecutive days of updates.

And the iTunes announcements lately are on the 28th of the month no matter what day of the week it is.

11. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I don't think this really factors into anything. It might seem like there are certain regular release days, but things can happen on just about any business day.