Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

void

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2002
Not here
Trivia question:
Does anyone know why new products are released on tuesday?
*starts jeapordy music*

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i know the answer, but the question is, do you know or are you asking us so you can know.

iJon

Anne

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2002
well, if we're going to start a list of things I really want but Apple is unlikely to release on Tuesday - true love, a million dollars....

and a cheap 10 or 20 gb ipod with an FM receiver.

okay I know I shouldn't take my frustration at the unreliability of rumors out on Apple. But it's just so easy and fun! :D

Anne

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2002
oh forget it. you said why not what.

but I'll leave that post, just in case a knight in shining armor with a big apple on his armor happens to show up anyway...

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
tuesday is the least selling day for pretty much every business...i know thats why they release cds on tuesday. its to up sales for that day. this may or may not be the same for apple.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
On Tuesday Apple will bring out the first Quad 970 2.5ghz Powermacs, and a new iPod w/color screen, built in camera, a touchscreen utilizing inkwell for handwriting recognition, and it's own poloroid printer for printing out sticker film.
Yep.

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
Originally posted by medea
On Tuesday Apple will bring out the first Quad 970 2.5ghz Powermacs, and a new iPod w/color screen, built in camera, a touchscreen utilizing inkwell for handwriting recognition, and it's own poloroid printer for printing out sticker film.
Yep.

Aren't you in violation of your NDA by saying that? ;) :D

cionheart

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
Germany
Apple can finally prepare the launch on monday, like rechecking everything, but they've got nearly the whole week left to spread the news around the world. This is what I think :)

void

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2002
Not here
Only a True Mac fanatic would know this.
January 24, 1984 was when macintosh was created. It was a TUESDAY!!!

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by vjv
possibly could be part of it, but thats not all of it.

iJon

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by vjv

Perhaps the question should then be... why was the original Mac released on a Tuesday? :)

arn

daniel77

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2002
seattle, wa
Originally posted by medea
Yep.

unfortunately gateway or dell will claim they thought of it first :D

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by vjv

i think it was actually created in the year or two preceeding this date-- they didn't invent, build and market a computer in one day :D

it's probably one of those little things, like why certain computers revert to certain dates...

pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.