Tulsa, Ok

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by greenmymac, Jun 16, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

We have a few AT&T Stores selling iPhone 3Gs and an Apple Store anyone from Tulsa waiting in line if so Ill see you at the Apple Store!

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

3. macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how packed it was for the first iPhone release? I'm thinking of heading over to the 14th & Lewis AT&T store instead just because it might be less crowded. What were the stocks of iPhones in Tulsa like? I'm guessing Apple ran out pretty quick, but how many people got them vs. how many people wanted them?

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

The problem here was we didn't have and Apple store at the first iPhone launch... Im guessing the apple store we have now will be packed so thats why Im hoping to get lucky at AT&T.

5. macrumors newbie

I talked to a sales clerk at the 14&Lewis store. He said they would be selling iPhones there on the 11th, and that they didn't really know anything about the event yet. He said they should be getting more details in the new few weeks.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

All I care about is getting 1 Black 16GB and 1 White 16GB and i'll be on my way:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

There has got to be some Tulsa peeps going

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Get ready Tulsa 14 Days till iDay II

8. macrumors member

Myself and a couple of friends will be going although we're not sure if we're going to stand in line at the Apple store or hit one of the AT&T stores. I know that will avoid the AT&T store @ 71st and Memorial. Absolutely, the worst store that I have ever been to for customer service.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

When has AT&T (Cingular) been known for their great A+ Customer Service! Have fun at the  (Apple for you lucky windows users) Store.

12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

10. macrumors member

True, but I've had good service at 41st and Yale and the 71st and Mingo AT&T stores. We'll end up hanging out at wherever we can get the phone fastest. The key is to get a phone. I think there will be a lot of newbs that will be looking to get this version because of the price which could make finding one a bit harder.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

I just wish apple would say what time its gonna be released...right now im going off last years release time so im gonna be out there around 5 or 6 am..

Good luck on getting one

Happy birthday iPhone 2.5G

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

WATCH OUT TULSA

make sure you bring all the people on ur family plan that will have an iphone according to http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho..._checklist.pdf if you look at the step 1 it says " You may purchase 1 iPhone per person in line."

and I called all the at&t stores that are selling they will be open at 8 am and as far as the apple store no word yet

13. macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

Huh?

The Tulsa Apple store's grand opening was the day of the iPhone launch.

14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Huh didn't know.. I went to AT&T for mine I thought it didn't open till late august!

15. macrumors member

I'm headed to the AT&T store in Owasso where I live. It's a good size store and I don't think it will be too crowded in Owasso at 8:00 am.

16. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Thats a good idea!

17. macrumors newbie

Actually we did, the iPhone launch was the same day as the grand opening. The line was VERY long but I think more of it was for the grand opeing rather than the iPhone, but I do know they sold out the first day (but they were open from 6pm to midnight)

18. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Im still planning on going to at&t so i know (hope) i can get one

19. macrumors newbie

I am from Dallas, TX but I will be in Pryor, OK on the day of the iPhone launch. So I am going to drive over to Tulsa and stand in line for one. Are they going to be handing out t-shirts as well?

20. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Maybe at the Apple store on 71st Memorial but at AT&T i doubt it... just the iPhones!

21. macrumors newbie

That's what I mean. The Apple Store. I already have it programed in my GPS, I've never been to Tulsa.

22. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

You will like it.... its a nice city some stuff to do here most stuff to do is down south ( where the Apple Store is..

Good luck on iDay (v.2)

23. thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Our local Apple store is opening at 8Am to start selling iPhone 3G

249-7800 option 5 to check for ur self

24. macrumors newbie

The 14th & Lewis store is pretty close to Cherry Street (15th) where all sorts of cool restaurants are.

If they open at 8am, I'm wondering how early I need to get there... I don't want to wait in line forever. I can't imagine there would be a line forming the night before, but maybe? I've never been to any Apple events before.

25. macrumors newbie

what about the mall? Does it close? What time will it open? Will they let us in to line up at the store before?