tunerecycler? blah.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by zim, Feb 1, 2004.

1. zim macrumors 65816

zim

http://www.tunerecycler.com/

So I came across this, sort of interesting but then quickly uninterested once that saw who it was by ( downhillbattle group ).

Do they think that someone is actually going to spend the time to give them the time of day?

What a waste. Please, give the caps to the kids, won't someone please think of the children! ( unwanted iTunes winnings may also be sent to me :) )

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Too bad that site doesn't factor in the cost for Apple to host the Tunes on their servers. Can you imagine the power costs alone? I'm also sure they keep a running backup in case something fails on the primary. That equals mucho dinero just for maintaining the store.

3. d-fi macrumors member

7on said

"Too bad that site doesn't factor in the cost for Apple to host the Tunes on their servers. Can you imagine the power costs alone?"

This is more about the record company vs recording artist split rather then apple's 35 cent middleman charge. When the record company gets 55 cents and the artist gets 9 cents; assuming they've paid the record company back the thousands that the record company "gave" them.

I personally don't agree with the way tunerecycler is being done by downhillbattle.com, but i do agree that record company's have been shafting musicians for years and something has gotta give

d-fi