Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surfnode

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
United Kingdom
Anyone else got a Turbobeacon yet? Mine arrived this week and am using it with my Apple TV 4 but having a few teething issues which their support are looking into. About time to have a solution to access US Netflix from UK when DNS solutions no longer work.

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
Had to google what this even was - sounds very interesting. Don't really care about Netflix, but Hulu or NBC access could convince me.

Any update since last week?

surfnode

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
United Kingdom
The Turbo Beacon is now working well. I can now watch US netflix and all US content providers in the UK :) Quite enjoying access to HULU :)

whathesaid

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
UK
The Turbo Beacon is now working well. I can now watch US netflix and all US content providers in the UK :) Quite enjoying access to HULU :)

Looks good, not heard of it before. Getting access to NBC sports would be a nice addition. Just need to find a way to sort the payment as it obviously only accepts US methods.

Are you accessing the apps through Apple TV?

surfnode

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
United Kingdom
Looks good, not heard of it before. Getting access to NBC sports would be a nice addition. Just need to find a way to sort the payment as it obviously only accepts US methods.

Are you accessing the apps through Apple TV?

I used PayPal to pay. You can use VISA or MasterCard as well.

Yes Im accessing US Apps through apple tv.

Id recommend this forum as well: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=93.0

You might find good deals of XFinity and DirectTV accounts ;)

jfoley85

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2017
I found a way to use the Turbo Beacon WIFI Network and still hardwire the Network to your other devices like your Apple TV, Roku, etc through Ethernet. You can go get a Netgear Trek, set it up (including using USA) as your country, connect the Netgear Trek to the Turbo Beacon WIFI Network, then hard wire the Trek to your Apple TV 4 orRoku. Works PERFECTLY. And better streaming.

Last edited:

jfoley85

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2017
You set the Trek button on the side to wireless, you DO NOT connect it to the router. You then go to your computer, tablet, etc enter the Password for the Trek Network that's written on the device it then goes into a screen listing the available wifi Networks, choose the Turbo Beacon Wifi Network enter the Password for it, click save and then I got options to set it up with an e-mail address and choosing US as my country (I'm in Canada). That's it.....and the other end of the device has two LAN ports which you plug into your Apple TV, Roku, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.