Turn my iPhone into a USB Drive?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RedPwnerRanger, Feb 7, 2011.

1. macrumors member

I'm looking for an add-on or tweak or something that can essentially make my phone act as a USB drive? I see there's PwnTunes, and also one called "USB Drive" in Cydia that claims to be incompatible with iOS4. Does anybody know if either of these work, or of anything else? Even in the App Store? (and I'm looking for one that doesn't require a program downloaded on random computer I'd be at, as most of the App Store ones I've seen require this).

I'm running 4.2.1 with redsn0w and greenpois0n on an iPhone 4, btw.

2. macrumors 6502

There's an app for that in the app store, can't remember the name though

3. macrumors 68000

milani

4. thread starter macrumors member

No, I don't think you understanding what I'm looking for, sorry. I know how to SSH into my phone and all (and that iPhone Explorer's cool too for a non-jailbroken phone, yeah), but I'm looking for something that I can install on my phone that can allow me to plug my phone into any random computer and then go through the files of my phone on that computer, requiring no download of any program on the computer itself. Just popping up "My Computer" and seeing an option for "RedPwnerRanger's iPhone/USB" or whatever, and going through the files. I'm wondering if such an app/tweak exists. Thank you in advance.

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors member

7. macrumors regular

I tried using that but it never worked. The partitioning would never complete.

-on OS 4.1