Turn-off Word 2004 pdf window

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arcobb, Aug 30, 2005.

1. arcobb macrumors regular

Ok... this is one of those small things that really doesn't matter... but it is driving me nuts!!

In Microsoft Word 2004 (mac addition) whenever I open a new document it pops up the "Convert to PDF" button and moves the entire document window down about half an inch. When I close the window the document window moves up the space but is short on the bottom. If I close that window and open a new one the PDF button doesn't reappear as long as Word has remained open.

I know this is not that big of a deal... but it drives me nuts! I understand being able to make a PDF is a nice feature, but why does it have to be... so in your face! I've tryed almost everything I can think of to not make it pop up on start up... "View-->Toolbars-->Customize Toolbars/Menus"... looked in preferences. I even tried praying to the almighty budda, but everytime I open a word document the PDF button pops up, mocking my apple mojo. Does anyone know how to make this not appear at start up?
    :confused:

P.S. I apologize if there is a thread about this already... I was not able to find one.

Attached Files:

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

do you have Adobe Acrobat (not the reader) installed?

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I'm with you on this one my friend... does the same in Excel and it drives me insane too. First thing I do is close it and resize the windows. Wish I knew the answer to give you. I'm sure someone smarter than me can help you (and me!).

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i dont have this on my mac (no acrobat installed) but i do on my windows pc (acrobat 7 pro installed). i just opened the view menu then went to toolbars, and unchecked "pdf maker 7.0" but it may be something different on a mac. i closed and reopened word and it was gone.

5. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

6. arcobb thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help!!

You guys rock... Let me answer a couple of questions...

Yes to do have Reader installed for safari and such, but I don't think that is the issue...

Joshawaire -- You post is really close to what I'm looking for, but I don't want do get rid of this feature altogether because I do use it from time to time. But the link you gave seems to be a way to delete the pdf thing entirely from word... is there a way to just make the button not show on start-up with out deleating the feature... or did I read the link wrong? Thanks for the help everyone!

7. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

I've always just deleted them.

I delete them by going to Office Application folder click "Office" folder then "Startup" then remove the pdf maker from the different apps...

Nuc

Edit: never mind this is what the link said anyways...