Turn on computer with ACD?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ejewels52, Sep 22, 2006.

1. ejewels52 macrumors member

I have a 23" ACD hooked up to my new mac pro. When the computer is on, and I hit the power button on the monitor, it asks me if I want to shut the computer down. But when the system is completely off (computer and monitor), and I hit the monitor power button, nothing happens. I remember on my old studio display, you could turn ON the system as well. Can we not do this on the new ACD's?

2. ejewels52 thread starter macrumors member

anyone? when the computer is off...can i hit the power button on the ACD to turn on the whole system? I can only seem to turn it off...

3. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I'll check if this works on our demo Mac Pro w/ 20" ACD tomorrow. I'll get back to you at 10:30 CST.

Daniel.

4. ejewels52 thread starter macrumors member

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

It doesn't do it on my system. Just turns the ACD on, which is the way I'd like it to work.

You can change the behavior of the power button (when the computer's on) in System Preferences>Displays under the Options tab.

6. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I have a question about the ACD. Is there any way to turn the monitor off and leave the computer running? (not in Sleep) I couldn't do this with my old Studio Display, so I was just curious if you could with the ACD, just in case I decide to buy one.

7. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I think all of your problems can be fixed under the sytem prefs under displays. When you have hooked an ACD on to your Mac you have a couple of buttons more and you can configure the O/I button on the screen.