Turn screen off after closing lid?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by TheMacBookPro, Apr 18, 2011.

1. macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Hey,

Just got Windows 7 Ultimate installed onto my 11" MacBook Air. I updated W7 with Windows Update with all the patches (now at SP1) and updated Boot Camp with Apple Software Update to 3.2. Basically I'm got a completely updated version of W7 and Boot Camp atm.

I have set the setting for closing the lid to Do Nothing (same as my Alienware and MacBook Pro (Early 2008) ) and the screen refuses to turn off when I close the lid (it does on the other two laptops). It isn't because the computer doesn't know the lid's closed (if I set it to go to sleep it does so flawlessly).
    The screen does flash to off momentarily (and goes on immediately afterward) when I re-open the lid.

I know I can set the brightness to the minimum so the backlight is off but I'd prefer an automated way a la OS X. Is this a bug in Apple's drivers, or user error? Alternately, is there some software that can do this?

Thanks.

2. thread starter macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Anybody? Having to press F1 multiple times before closing the lid is a bit irritating lol.

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

4. thread starter macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Updated the NVIDIA drivers to 270.61 and still no difference.

Any help?