Turnaround time on iBook Logic Board repair?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by fussball, Feb 29, 2004.

1. fussball macrumors regular

Hey- 2 weeks ago the logic board went poof on my iBook/700. It went in to apple and was received for repair on the 19th. It has now been listed as "in repair" for 8 business days (10 total days). (19th-27th) For those of you who have had this done recently, how long did it take? I am really struggling without a computer! :-(

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

should be an average of two to four business days rihgt now :)

That sucks, maybe you should call them and ask :(

3. fussball thread starter macrumors regular

Doh! I bet they decided to deny the warranty repair (case mod), and then just not tell me! Ugh, Midterms and no computer is uber sucky (not making fun of your name... I just use uber a lot)

4. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

There is no reason why they shouldn't call you and tell you that your iBook isn't under warranty because of the mod so you can decide what to do. They SHOULD NOT fix it anyways. Thats my thinking anyways.

5. fussball thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah- they'll call me if they decide to question my warranty status. It is kind of ridiculous to deny it, though, as there was no part of the mother board even close to exposed through my mod. whatever. I called applecare, and they said logic boards are in high demand right now and turn around is 7-10 days. waiting.... they'll get a call tomorrow or thursday

6. Calliander macrumors member

Yeah, parts constraints are crazy right now. They tend to be fairly forgiving about case mods but if you did anything to the actual hardware they might have a problem with that.

However, if I have the part, I can replace an iBook logic board in 30 minutes. I don't know how that happened, but I just have blueprints of all the iBooks in my head. :)

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

I wonder why :p

8. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

When mine went out I took it to the Apple Store on Saturday night and had the computer back on Thursday afternoon. Not too bad. That was before the replacement plan though--they actually anounced that while mine was being repaired. With a lot of people taking their iBooks in they might be overwhelemed--not enough people or parts.

They should keep in touch with you though.

9. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Mine went in under AppleCare last November. Reported it on Tuesday, but it was an intermittent problem, so they couldn't confirm on the phone it was broken until Friday. Sent it in on the following Tuesday, got it back Thursday.

10. Calliander macrumors member

Hehe. They don't REQUIRE you to memorize each machine, you just need to study really hard the night before the test so that you know the differences between TiBook models and iBook models. :)

11. janey macrumors 603

janey

THATS IT?!!!!!!
    you've gotta be kidding me. a 5 year old with some common sense would be able to do that...

12. fussball thread starter macrumors regular

I've put in 3 calls to applecare, to hopefully get the ball rolling on mine. I got a call from apple yesterday, and they left a very apologetic phone message, explaining that they have a huge load of iBooks in, and are receiving tons of Logic Boards everyday. I am moving up in the order, but there are still iBooks that have been there longer than mine that need to be fixed. If I don't see anything by next tuesday, I am supposed to call again. They are working 2-3 hours of overtime every night to get through all these iBooks. So, according to that call, they are definitely doign their part, so I feel better about waiting.