Turning e-mail forms into Excel

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by geese, Sep 18, 2006.

1. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

I realise this isnt a Mac-centric question, but if you could help an MR member...

Problem- my work has about 300 replies to a questionnaire that is hosted on our website. The each response comes as an e-mail which we receive in outlook.

Rather then us manually uploading this data into an excel spreadsheet, is there a way of scripting this process?

Thanks

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You *might* be able to use VBA in Outlook to script it. Are you done receiving the e-mails? Getting that many e-mails in a short amount of time from a web form is probably a bad way to go about it in the future... getting an e-mail or two a day from a web form is usually fine but 300 in a week and you probably should have something to handle the data automatically.

Is this Outlook on the Mac or Outlook on Windows? If it's Outlook on the Mac I'd look into Applescript.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If VB does not work, if you can create a single file concatenating all of the e-mails in plain text, I think you should just be able to use Excel's import wizard to bring it in....