turning off ipod.....

Discussion in 'iPod' started by spb, Oct 7, 2005.

1. spb macrumors member

spb

so when you hold down play i hear that it puts it in sleep mode. But is there a way to completly shut the ipod down? would it save more battery time and should the ipod be shut down fully?

thanks for the help

2. lopresmb macrumors 6502

not really going to save much battery time even if you could, which I don't think you can, you can reastart it by holding down the menu and select buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds though.

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that as the iPod's buttons are touch sensitive and there's not actually a mechanical action involved, it needs to be sleeping and not fully shut down – otherwise, it wouldn't know you were trying to switch it back on!

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Apparently not. Stop it playing and switch the hold button on so that you don't accidentally start it up again.

It's great when you change your mind later and want to listen to where you were before in a long album/song/audiobook

5. cello in BC macrumors newbie

iPods go into a "deep" sleep after they've been off for a while. Leave it alone for a bit and it'll snooze it up hardcore.

My nano seems to take about 18~24 hours to go into deep sleep mode

Full size iPods (from what I'm told) take about 24~48 hours to do the same

I can only assume that deep sleep mode saves power, but the functionality is the same as far as I can tell so I don't mind