Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scabioustona

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Canada
Keep up with the spirit tutorial in this section, I'm going to show you how to listen to Pandora outside of USA for free. For those who don't know what Pandora is, it is a music radio station that is only available in United States.

Step1
Register an iTune account and select country as United States. This step is critical because it allows you to download US-only apps like Pandora, Hulu, Netflix, and etc. Normally, iTune will ask you to select credit card on file but if you click on one of the free app, you can choose "None" as the Option.

Step 2
On your iPhone, go to "Settings", "iTune & App Stores", log out of your current iTune account and log in to your US account

Step 3
Go to App Store, search for Pandora and download it

Step 4
Once you have downloaded it, try to play it. It should play "Not available outside of USA". This is ok because we have one more step. Close your pandora app by doubling clicking the Home button.

Step 5
Here is comes the magic. Instead of using a proxy or VPN, here will simply make a DNS change on your iPhone. Go to Settings, Wi-Fi, click on the blue arrow. Under the field DNS, change it to "206.214.214.28". This DNS is provide by UnoTelly.com . I don't know how it works but when you put in their DNS, you are able to unlock US stuffs.

Step 6
Re-open your Pandora app, voila, your Pandora should be working.

Comments: this approach works with Netflix and Hulu but you need to sign up an account. They do have a free trial. I haven't tried other apps but free feel to contribute to this post.

Comment please:p

Eilo17

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2013
I usually don't leave messages, but this time I registered to the site to say regal you. I've been missing so much pandora since u left the us, now I can use it again (in Israel). Thanks

moosquared

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
This works in Indonesia!
Although there are a few stations that I can't add to my station list (eg. Today's Hits station). I'm trying to add from my iPhone. Not sure if it's my device that's causing the trouble or perhaps the network.

jjmosk1030

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2013
thank you!!!

@scabioustona, thank you SO much - this actually works! i registered just to post a "thank you"!!!

KyleCamacho

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2013
Wow, thanks man. Working fine on my iPad mini, and iPhone 5. I'm having trouble with Netflix though, other than that great workaround.

PTY-Geek

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2013
Thanks From Panama

I registered just to say THANK YOU!!! I'm in Panama and this still works!

Ayanico

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2014
Thank you!!!

I registered just to say thank you!! It still works from Indonesia.. Wifi only.
Is there anyway that we could play it over 3G network?

kamali616

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2014
It still works!!

Thank you so much for this little fix:D.It's works just fine and no issue are coming up.I registered on this form just to thank you and now I will keep with up to date new info on Apple stuff:apple:.Thanks again from St.Vincent in the Caribbean.:p
Peace...:)

nnacrumors

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2014
Step 5
Under the field DNS, change it to "206.214.214.28". This DNS is provide by UnoTelly.com

Does this mean that all your data (web browsing, email, imessages) is being sent through UnoTelly's servers? :confused:

If so then this seems like a terribly unsafe idea.

kidoscopic

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
many thanks from romania!

jumping with joy here. almost can't believe my eyes. pandora's finally glowing on my iphone display. yaaaaay!
thanks, man!
Happy-Minion-Icon.png

Last edited:

registering

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2014
Registering just to thank you

Dude you're absolutely awesome. It's August, 2014 and this thing still works!!!!

Guilherme1995

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2015
This still works in 2015! Thank You from Brazil! Working great! Only registered to say this! Haha I attached a screenshot from my iPhone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 543

jaydeejay

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2015
Keep up with the spirit tutorial in this section, I'm going to show you how to listen to Pandora outside of USA for free. For those who don't know what Pandora is, it is a music radio station that is only available in United States.

Step1
Register an iTune account and select country as United States. This step is critical because it allows you to download US-only apps like Pandora, Hulu, Netflix, and etc. Normally, iTune will ask you to select credit card on file but if you click on one of the free app, you can choose "None" as the Option.

Step 2
On your iPhone, go to "Settings", "iTune & App Stores", log out of your current iTune account and log in to your US account

Step 3
Go to App Store, search for Pandora and download it

Step 4
Once you have downloaded it, try to play it. It should play "Not available outside of USA". This is ok because we have one more step. Close your pandora app by doubling clicking the Home button.

Step 5
Here is comes the magic. Instead of using a proxy or VPN, here will simply make a DNS change on your iPhone. Go to Settings, Wi-Fi, click on the blue arrow. Under the field DNS, change it to "206.214.214.28". This DNS is provide by UnoTelly.com . I don't know how it works but when you put in their DNS, you are able to unlock US stuffs.

Step 6
Re-open your Pandora app, voila, your Pandora should be working.

Comments: this approach works with Netflix and Hulu but you need to sign up an account. They do have a free trial. I haven't tried other apps but free feel to contribute to this post.

Comment please:p

jaydeejay

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2015
I'm in Indonesia and this trick does not work anymore? Please help my old playlist is driving me nuts.
Thanks

anabreu

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2016
I *had* to register here, to thank you for these tips... 4 years later, this still works, and now I can finally listen to my Pandora radios on my iphone!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Thank you so much :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.