TV AND MACS

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by mac15, Jan 9, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

DOES APPLE REALLY NEED TO FOLLOW MS
    IN THEIR MIRA PROJECT AND ADD TO THE DIGITAL HUB

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME NEW WIRELESS STUFF AROUND THE HOUSE BUT NO ONE WILL BUY THAT FROM APPLE MAYBE FROM SONY, SAMSUNG, AND THE OTHER LEADERS IN HOME TECHNOLOGY
    BUT NOT APPLE IT WON'T SELL

2. networkman macrumors regular

re: mira

who knows what will be or mira

ms blew their chances to beat palm last year

but this year, their xbox got some rave reviews and they sold many of these cool units

so for the last two and a half years, ms is batting .500 on their non-windows major products

ms is actually tyring to innovate for a change and that is good for the industry...maybe the us govt slapping ms around really got them to focus on inventing and not stealing so much

ps - and those rumors about apple stealing the gui mouse idea, that is really debateable...see http://www.woz.org

3. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

mira

I'm pretty sure I've figured it out and Apple will be ahead of M$ by 6 months to a year. The terminal/Tablet idea.

4. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

War

There is going to be a war in a few years when It comes to the TV. That truly is the next step in home computing. People worship the TV like a God... and MS as well as others know this. They want the bring the desk top and the TV together so we can all marval and worshup it more than ever. TV meda and music complains that The INternet and the computer are talking customers away. The internet and the computer wants to take more from the TV but people well never give it up. Put them together... an you have the ulimate form of advertising and the bigget audiace ever. If MS and Apple ... and others can pull this off... we are all (everyone) going to be rellly really fat and pale. (never leave the house)