TV and Movies in the UK??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by f41dh1, Oct 8, 2006.

1. f41dh1 macrumors newbie

Sep 11, 2006
    How come there aren't any TV episodes & Movies available in the UK?? I want to buy those as well...Desperate Housewives, Lost....I'm so jeaolous
  2. amiga macrumors 6502

Jul 12, 2006
    Legal issues... copyright... international licensing laws...?

3. liketom macrumors 601

Apr 8, 2004
    i know getting right cheesed off waiting for them too :rolleyes:

but looking at online movies in the uk, the selections are not good lovefilm is crap and not for us mac's :mad:

bt vision is about the same selection as lovefilm and again for windows losers only :mad:

arrrrgghhh rant over:)
  4. f41dh1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 11, 2006
    well, i've read in magazines that uk users can get download movies at the beginning of 2007...
    but i'm not sure about TV shows...
    that's why I ask if you guys had any further info about it..
  5. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    Just buy gift certificates off eBay, for a little more than the actuall value of the certificate, then make an account with the US ITS, and start downloading:) Or if you have friends or family in the USA, just get them to email you a certificate:)

That's what I do, and it works perfectly:)

And as far as I'm concerned, it is perfectly legal. It is exactly the same as if you go on holiday to the USA, and buy a DVD from :mad:walmart:mad: or wherever, and bring it home. Do you think they are going to stop you from buying it jut because you're a tourist:rolleyes: Apple, and the recording companies and studios etc are making money if people from other countries purchase content from the US ITS, so I'm sure they secretly like it:D ;)
  6. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2004
    Johannesburg, South Africa

Ive though of doing the same, maybe even using paypal, it will also allow me to get access to the music store as well... buying CD's are so last year! LOL