TV from abroad, or here

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by andy89, Jul 15, 2006.

1. andy89 macrumors 6502

How can I get english tv in france?
    I was considering getting a slingbox for a freind in the uk's house, but I would have to watch it on my thinkpad (maybe it wont be that bad)

I also looked at an akimbo, but that was only available in the us and canada. And a tivo only has limited VOD (someone on the web said it was just adverts)

I can't get french tv either because my house is surounded by very (very) tall tree's, so my sattelite dish cant get a signal. And My antena wont pick anything up:( :( :(

What can I do, does anybody recomend a slingbox?

2. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

i have a slingbox and i LOVE it! ... can even watch from my sprint PPC phone over their EVDO network.... AWESOME! :cool:

3. andy89 thread starter macrumors 6502

We just found out we can tv through our broadband, its in french, but I don't care anymore:p

Do like the idea of a slingbox, are they fast enough to play videogames?

4. HughJ macrumors regular

i think channel 4 (or it maybe BBC1) are now streaming all their programmes on the internet now

5. Queso macrumors G4

What part of France are you in? If you're higher than the latitude of Limoges/Clermont-Ferrand you should have no problems getting the Astra B satellite signal proving you have a 1m dish or greater, even through the trees. Further south than that, and you either crop the trees or get an even bigger dish.

6. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

hmmm, well i can stream HD content over mine.... although it does not display high def on my 4" screen (on the phone). not sure how you would play video games over it though :confused:

7. bagleyb macrumors member

Sling is actually taking applications for their beta of the Mac player right now. You only have another week to sign up though. I would expect their player to be public beta in September/October, and final release late this year, or first of next.

http://www.slingcommunity.com/blog/9/13874/

8. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

oooooohhhhh :) thanks... i just signed up for the beta.... hopefully i will get to help with the testing... :cool: