TV & movie themes in odd places

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DISCOMUNICATION, Feb 5, 2006.

1. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

So I've noticed the Farscape theme is playing over a breast cancer commercial here in America lately. Well, not the Farscape theme, but that piece that plays whenever the characters have a touching moment. I thought all of the music for Farscape was originally composed by one guy on a Mac exclusively for the show. I guess it got licensed out or the commercial producer is a Farscape fan.
    I remember a few years ago PBS was using some of the soundtrack from Cowboy Bebop in their spots. It just seems odd hearing this music outside of your favorite series. Although I have gotten used to hearing the epic version of the score from Requiem for a Dream well everywhere. Most prominately in the Lord of the Rings trailers, but most recently in that Zuthora trailer.
    Oh, just found the piece that runs over the breast cancer ad. The track is called "Parting Comrades - Family Ties"

2. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I've heard the Requiem for a Dream theme a lot too. As well as the two that you mention, it is currently being used on the trailers for a TV show over here called 'Eleventh Hour'. I think that it might be the version that is in the film, rather than the version that was re-recorded for Lord of the Rings, as it's slower and doesn't sound as 'big'.