TV on my G5

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by joeops57, Jul 7, 2006.

1. joeops57 macrumors member

Jun 23, 2006
    In a cardboard box outside McDonalds
    My apologies if this has been posted already, but my search didn't come up with any conclusive information. Basically my dilemma is that I will be off to school in a matter of weeks and having a decent TV is more or less out of the question. I would like to not miss some of my favorite TV shows for months at a time and downloading is frowned upon, not to mention illegal.

The solution that I'm currently thinking of pursuing is to buy a TV tuner, which will allow me to watch TV from my Mac. Searching the forums, I've come accross posts for Eye TV and Miglia hardware. Installing the hardware won't be a problem, but I'm skeptical about buggy software and other problems that may arise.

What would you recommend?

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Mar 29, 2003
    I have AlchemyTV from Miglia and can highly recommend it. It works really great. Only downside is perhaps the high price, but if you can afford it, you won't be disappointed.

I can't compare to other solutions though.
  3. Gerg macrumors regular

Feb 3, 2003
    I have Elgato's EyeTV 200 (since replaced by the EyeTV 250 and EyeTV EZ) and I've had no trouble with it at all. Great way to be able to record things while you're out, etc.

It's even easy to export recorded content directly to your iPod.
  4. wmmk macrumors 68020

Mar 28, 2006
    The Library.
    Well, the eyeTV software is not buggy at all. Other Mac DVR software is not even close to being as polished as eyeTV.