Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
I downloaded Wallace and Gromit on the iTunes (UK) store a couple of months ago, and they recently added an update as the first two episodes had not been distributed in the normal SD/HD way - they were listed in iTunes twice, and there was an iPod syncing error.
So, I downloaded the update, but it's even worse now! They're all only listed once, however iTunes is only playing the SD versions of the first two episodes. However, in Finder, both SD and HD episode files are there.

How can I get iTunes to see the HD versions there??

Thanks!

Last edited:

fpnc

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2002
San Diego, CA
There is a preference in the iTunes application that selects between the SD and HD versions of the video. It's under the "Playback" preference.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Yes, you can set this under preferences, or you can set individual playback preferences by right-clicking a file and choosing to play back the standard setting (what you set under preferences), HD, or SD.

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
But even when this preference is switched, the first two (the ones without the grey SD-HD logo beside them) are still playing standard def - as if iTunes doesn't realise the HD files are there!

fpnc

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2002
San Diego, CA
But even when this preference is switched, the first two (the ones without the grey SD-HD logo beside them) are still playing standard def - as if iTunes doesn't realise the HD files are there!
If that is the case, have you tried removing the SD versions to the desktop (i.e. move them out of the iTunes Music folder) and then see what version plays from within iTunes.

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
I've got it sorted now, and it was quite simple - I just added the HD files to my library, and the SD-HD icon appeared and it's all working fine.

Thanks for all your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.