TV Shows ending up in "Movies" in Library

Discussion in 'iPod' started by withnail, Oct 7, 2006.

1. withnail macrumors regular

For some reason, iTunes has shoved some of the episodes of "The Office" that I purchased into "Movies" instead of "TV Shows". It seems arbitrary; most of the season 2 episodes were classified correctly, but a few were put into the wrong spot.

Does anyone know why, or what I can do to override it?

(Also, I just noticed that when I synched my iPod to download the most recent episode, that episode one from this season disappeared from my iPod...:confused: )

Thanks!

2. lostless macrumors 6502

yes, that can be fixed. All you have to do is right click on the tv show labled as a movie, and choose get info. In the info panal, i forget where, there is an option to choose movie, music video, or tv show. just select tv show, and all will be well.

3. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

try an app called lostify, dont know web off by heart so just google lostify, it adds the metdata that itms adds

4. reykjavik macrumors 6502

I've had these same problems and I finally isolated the problem and it hasn't happened since. Its because iTunes is buggy and has gone to s**t lately. What you have to do is, when you right click on the file and select "Get Info" then you click on the "Video" tab. When you select "TV Show" from the drop down menu you MUST select "OK" while still viewing the "Video" tab page. Meaning, after you do youre stuff in the video page, you can go around to the artwork, options info etc... but if you want what you did in Video to stick, you must select OK while vieweing the video page. For some reason, if you dont, its as if you never entered anything into that video page and you have to then reenter it once its in the TV Show section of itunes. Its strange, but it has worked since figuring that out.

5. withnail thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm...this drop-down is greyed out on the tab, and I can't change it.

6. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

Is it an MP4 file? If it's an AVI or something else, it won't work. You can only tag MP4 files.

7. withnail thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, it's an MP4. It was bought through iTunes.

Incidentally, I fixed the problem yesterday by deleting the shows from the iTunes library (without deleting the files), moving the files to the Desktop, and then re-importing them...

Funny thing, I DL'd Lostify as speakerwizard suggested, and it showed the tag as being "TV Show", while iTunes showed it as "Movie".

8. milo macrumors 604

There's also a Doug's Script that fixes movie types.