TV Shows in Itunes 7.1

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MBP123, Mar 5, 2007.

1. MBP123 macrumors regular

May 26, 2006
    Did updating to 7.1 mess the order up for anyone else? now it only sorts by season, but in alphabetical order...whereas before itd sort according to the episode # of the show in the proper season

this is VERY frustrating.......and happens to both tv shows bought from itunes, and copied for example, this season of lost....instead of going in order of the episode #, it is arranged alphabetically

also, what is the blue dot next to the episode? all of my videos have it except for 4 or 5 of them.
  2. MBP123 thread starter macrumors regular

May 26, 2006
    nevermind i figured out the blue dot means new item i guess for the ?tv

but what is the deal with it not playing shows in order based on episode #?
  3. Vader macrumors 65816

Oct 11, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    The blue dot means its new, as in you haven't watched it yet.

What are they arranged according to? If you click show, they should be in the right order.
  4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    I must say, I'm not a fan of the blue dots.... They're alright in a podcast setting, but many shows (Lost, for example) have credit rolls that last a few minutes. Who's going to sit through all that? I just skip to the next one or close the window. Now all my shows are going to be taggeed as 'new'...
  5. MBP123 thread starter macrumors regular

May 26, 2006
  6. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

May 30, 2004
    Madison, WI
    This is VERY frustrating. The production number for mine are all correct, but the production number isn't the order they were aired! Why don't they sort by episode number anymore?
  7. MBP123 thread starter macrumors regular

May 26, 2006
    anyone figure out a way to go back to episode #?
  8. katovar macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2007
    they are now in order by the "episode id" field. it's a bit of a pain but I was able to fix mine by adding the episode number to the beginning of that field.