Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lozanoj83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Southern California
Well, a long time ago i signed up for shopfar, and a couple of minutes ago, they sent me this email...

see attachement..
*edit it to show attachment*
Johnathan :confused:

Attachments

• odd.png
    odd.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 124

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Wait, does Shopfar have some affiliation with iTunes? There's no reason why other services could introduce TV shows, quite a few networks down here offer them for download from their own websites but they always seem to be full of Windows-only DRM so don't work on Macs. I read an article saying that one of the major hurdles to TV show distribution in the UK had recently been removed thus paving the way for online TV shows.

So yes, it's possible but I'm going to wait for iTunes to do it. Considering how long it took us to get the iTMS down here to begin with, I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: Now with the picture up it's a very big "OOooooo!!" that does look very promising if they are not just pulling the whole reference to film and TV downloads out of their arses. Just got a whole lot more interesting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.