Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
What TV shows would you not have bought/watched but you did because it was on itunes?

Here is my list:

- Prison Break
- Pink panther
- Battlestar Galactica
- Desperate House wifes
- Eureka
- Squirrel Boy
- Heros

Thats a big list. I would never have watched any of these shows if they were not in itunes. I dont have a way (apart from torrents) to get these and i only watched them because they were on itunes.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I pay for cable so I see no need to spend more money to download TV shows off iTunes. No TiVo, just good ol' fashion VCR and record timer, set manually. I'm so 1990's. :)

But if I was kicked into buying a TV show off iTunes, it would BSG or The Office (shows with high replay value).

Thanatoast

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2002
Denver
I would never have seen 30 Days by Morgan Spurloch (Super Size Me). Downloaded the free Immigration episode, it was awesome. Have since bought and enjoyed Jail and Muslims in America.

I would also never have seen The Adventure of Chico and Guapo. Terrible, terrible show, but funny when drunk/otherwise inebriated.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
The Office.

My friend was over (who watches the Office) and told me it was a great show. I downloaded a couple episodes at the beginning of summer that he recommended. Now that season 3 has started, I don't buy them anymore, but it's nice to have a "backup" if I miss an episode. I don't have tivo or dvr, and vhs recording is annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.