TV, Tivo and Xbox on imac....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by silverback66, Oct 8, 2005.

1. silverback66 macrumors regular

I really don't like having a lot of clutter and I'm looking to have a unified entertainment system of sorts so I was wondering is it possible to play full screen TV, have the capabilities of recording shows like Tivo and also have the ability to play Xbox360 when it comes out on my iMac? I don't even own a TV right now and if I'm going to spend some money I'd rather do it this way if it's possible.

2. Bear macrumors G3

Two out of 3 ain't bad.

The TV watching and recording functionality is not a problem.

Playing video games through a converter will introduce a lag between what is happing on the video game and what you see on the screen. There are many threads on the forum that talk about this already.

3. silverback66 thread starter macrumors regular

they should just close the forums down....everything has alreay been talked about somewhere. Better yet, why not just make a giant search button.

4. Bear macrumors G3

Actually in all your sarcasm, you're correct about one thing, the search feature should be highlighted better.

And remember I did answer your question, I also told you where detailed information was available. *shrug*

5. silverback66 thread starter macrumors regular

I know, I'm only joking. it's just whenever somebody makes a topic about anything there's always the inevitable response that it's already been talked about.

6. Bear macrumors G3

Smileys do help when presenting sarcasm and humor that may not be distinguishable when reading the comment.

7. Gerg macrumors regular

Elgato makes a variety of TV Tuner/DVR products. As I recall, the USB version was designed to handle video games with no lag. www.elgato.com

8. silverback66 thread starter macrumors regular

I found one on there that'll do what I'm looking for. thanks gerg. Granted it's not available yet, but I don't need it right away either, so it works for me.