TV tuner Card for osX

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by BIGgui_X_, Sep 7, 2003.

1. BIGgui_X_ macrumors member

I made some research yesterday, on the net, about TV tuner PCI card (or anything else) for osX. I Did find some products,. but, not very much. I cant really beleive taht there is no TV tuner, affordable, for osx ? maybe i missed somes ! if not, is there any other options like buy an video IN device and use an external tuner (video player, for example) ? i would really love to listen to TV while working on my Mac (emac for now, forget it, but G5 ou dual G4 soon).. Do you have some interesting solutions for me ?

thanks

2. Waluigi macrumors 6502

I've heard very good things about theFormac Studio TVR. I personally am going to get one once my G5 ships!

--Waluigi

3. BIGgui_X_ thread starter macrumors member

and What about Eye TV !
    i't s 200 $ cheaper that formac's solution, seems to be great to !

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

this is what has gotten some of the best reviews. www.televio.com. but if you are getting a a g5 you may want to wait and see what pcix brings to the market.

iJon

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The Formac solution produces a higher quality recording, due to the use of DV technology, in contrast to eyeTV.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

it does look good untill you price new tvs? they are almost giving them away these days.