Tv Tuner,Pc and the Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dont Hurt Me, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I just bought a new leadtek winfast 2000xp tv tuner for my Pc, This thing is $10 bucks after rebate at newegg though i ordered last week for $29. Its great for Tv on your Pc. I never sprung for a tv tuner for my Macs and didnt want a stand alone box that cost $150- $200. Imagine adding tv to your Pc for $10. What a steal in my view and this thing does all kinds of stuff, in fact im watching tv while doing this thread:) I hope Apple brings in the Tv to its Macs, with such cheap manufactoring costs there isnt any reason not to. This thing even came with a all in one remote and and infared sensor. Not bad!

2. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I guess the Tv and the Mac just dont mix? Jobs doesnt like the Tv and i guess most Mac users dont either?

3. Nikore macrumors newbie

I think it would be awasome to have an intergrated TV tuner in a mac. I really liked the cheepy TV card i had on my old PC (simular to what you have actually), and I kinda miss it, yet I don't want spend the 200+ dollars for one of thoughs EyeTV boxs.

4. yellow5 macrumors regular

5. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

I would love one. I'd especially like a DVR function with some balls that doesn't need knoppix *cough MYTHtv cough* or a windows box.

Apple just doesn't want to piss off broadcast companies. They're making tons of cash off selling TV for 900 times what they get through cable companies.

6. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

For the most part TV is garbage, but there are a few good shows I watch all the time. If Apple or any other company released a Mac TV Tuner card I'd grab it in a second if it was the right price, say under $100. With my luck it'd be PCIe only though.

7. Aliquis macrumors regular

Aliquis

I love my Elgato EyeTV. It's USB even and it still has pretty great quality. In fact, a buddy of ours has a Tivo, and the stuff he's done for us isn't even half as good as the Elgato.

At any rate. I posted earlier on another TV thread about the EyeTV USB (As I got three from a friend who wanted me to sell them for him) we kept one, and another member asked to buy one, so we still have one left if anyone would like to buy one.

But yeah. They're awesome.