tv tuner

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dukebound85, Oct 15, 2006.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

when an external display says it has a tv tuner what does that mean? i have a lg flatron 19in (forget the model number) and it says it has one but i cant seem to see it anywhere on the monitor???. does that mean it is capable of displaying tv signals or what?

thanks

2. Queso macrumors G4

It normally means it can be used as an LCD TV as well as a display, but it's possible that the documents that came with it are for the entire monitor range and only the top model has the included tuner. If you can post the exact model number we'll be able to say outright.

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

its an LG L194WT

How would I be able to use this as a tv. I heard of eyetv but if you dont want your mac to have an interface with it, is it possible to somhow hook up the cable or satellite signal to the display?

4. Queso macrumors G4

LG need to take a good look at their website. I've not come across such an unhelpful layout for a while. From the monitor range brochure it mentions an "optional" TV tuner, but I can't download the product manual to say for definite. Does the manual that came with the monitor mention anything?