TV's '24' Ditch Apple's for HP Tablets.

Discussion in 'Community' started by mpw, Jan 30, 2005.

1. mpw Guest

Day 4 just aired in the UK tonight and I note that HP have won the product placement battle.

Gone is the HQ full of Apple hardware, it's now all HP Tablet PC's.

Any fans of the show here?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Yes! Just finished watching it! Loved it, can't wait till next week!!!!

3. mpw thread starter Guest

It's great TV and the concept is great but the story/script is laughable in places.

Of course I'll be hooked, but it's gonna be a struggle not to miss any episodes. Got to get Sky+!

4. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I haven't missed an episode since it originally started airing. I am so hooked on it. I like this season best too, at least so far. :D

5. nerd macrumors member

I thought the show jumped the shark a couple of seasons ago when Kim was attacked by a mountain lion for no apparent reason. Switching from Apple to HP confirms it.

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I think the point is that they like to use really hip technology and this year apple wasn't the new hip thing, I think they just wanted to make a change to be honest and help keep the show fresh.

7. mpw thread starter Guest

Of course HP haven't paid for the privilege?

8. mpw thread starter Guest

I saw the first thre hours of Day1 and then missed a couple. I hate watching stuff if I don't see the whole thing so I then had to wait for them to release day1 & 2 on DVD and catch-up in a 48hrs DVDfest. Same with Day3 and I bet it'lll happen again with Day4.

Where're are you up-to in the US? We've just had 7am-9am last night here.

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I find it interesting that already, only 4/8 posts in this thread were on topic. I don't watch 24, but I do think it is unfortunate that Apple missed out on the placement. While it is true that Mac computer hardware isn't the new thing this year, I didn't think that the HP tablets got that much of a buzz, either.

10. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    :( sad to see the apples go, but the show must go on, and as it stands today, its going on quite nicely

11. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

yes yes 24 is awesome!!

i totally whole heartedly agree! But I cannot watch them on sky as we don't have it at uni. So I've been downloading it via bittorent and I must say that so far the season doesn't disappoint. Episode 6 has just aired on U.S tv and I promise I won't spoil anything but it does get VERY good, Jack is very extreme :D :D

I think its probably one of my favourites if not my favourite show of all time, when you watch it and the tension builds it really gets your heart pumping! :eek:

12. mpw thread starter Guest

Which episode(s) does Jack's daughter allow herself to be kidnapped in this time? ;)

13. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

NO!!!!

How are we going to tell who the bad guys at CTU are now?

Season 1 had all the traitors using PC's and all the good guys using Macs.

I'm pretty sure some of the screens they had were Cinema Displays, but to be honest I wasn't really paying much attention.

I think the show lost the plot a while back, it's real Bond stuff now, unless Jack is SO badly schitzophrenic that he simply starts shooting people at the drop of a hat...

Episode 3

Jack: Where's the bank?

Parking attendant: Hold on, sir, I'm on the phone...

Jack shoots PA in the leg.

Jack (screaming): I haven't got time for your phone call, I have to get to the bank before it closes.....

Later in Supermarket;

Jack: Where's the frozen veg, please?

Shop assistant: Hold on, sir, I'm dealing with this lady.

Jack shoots SA and Lady in the legs.

Jack (screaming): I haven't got time...... (etc)

See what I mean? ;)

14. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

CTUs new boss probably ditched the Macs, she's useless.

I'm praying Kim isn't in this series, of course if she is then I bet my left kidney she'll walk straight into a kidnap situation. Then it'll be :rolleyes: "pant..sigh..sigh..whine...pant"....god how I hate that character, hope she gets killed off. Oh and I wish everyone would stop bloody whispering.

Haven't taken my happy pill today btw.

SKY+ is the best thing ever btw, we could never go back to Telewest cable TV, even if they offered it free. Highly recommend it, just get it.