TWC and Apple TV at WWDC?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by otisg, Jun 8, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Definitely a long shot, but I just noticed that Time Warner's current TV deals all end on June 10th. Here's hoping for direct streaming of live TWC to Apple TV without a cable box!

2. macrumors 68000

Real long shot but that would be awesome if the price and features were right.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Well, If anything live TV related is announced, I expect it to be with TWC, since they seem to be very progressive on the matter (see TWC TV for Roku). However, their current offering still is merely a "bonus" service for normal cable box based customers. Roku may be fine with this, but I expect Apple to demand users be able to subscribe via iTunes just like with Netflix and Hulu Plus. I also think they will have their own Apple-designed interface and features, with TWC merely as a backend. That way, if other providers sign on later the user experience will be very similar.

I believe this is all inevitable, but might still be years away.

4. thread starter macrumors member

5. macrumors 68000

I wish Apple would announce a deal with DIRECTV to stream the NFL package via subscription, without being required to have DIRECTV.

6. macrumors newbie

I would prefer Apple to make deals with the content creators rather than the distributors. The only benefit I can hope for if a deal is struck with a distributor like TWC is that they can offer that service nationally rather than keep it restricted to TWC geographical footprint. Increased competition is good for consumers and a larger potential customer pool would be good for any distributor with less overhead than a conventional cable plant.

In the mean time, I'll keep dreaming and will let you guys know when the pigs start flying.

7. macrumors 601

I thought TWC was the weather channel
    Sheeit I would be happy with that