Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Twelve South today debuted a new version of its popular BookBook case, this time designed to fit Apple's 12.9-inch iPad Pro. Made from high-quality leather, the BookBook, for those unfamiliar, is designed to look like a classic book, offering protection for the iPad while also concealing it. It's handcrafted and carefully distressed so each BookBook has a unique look.

twelvesouthipadprobookbook.jpg

The BookBook for iPad Pro features two hardback covers to protect the iPad while traveling, and it has a built-in storage pocket to hold an Apple Pencil or stylus. Dual zippers keep it closed and a soft microfiber protects the iPad's screen.

twelvesouthbookbook2.jpg

When in use, a kickstand inside the cover of the BookBook can be arranged at an ideal angle for writing, drawing, and painting, plus there's a second cover angle that turns it into a hands-free "presentation mode" for watching videos and displaying artwork.

Twelve South is offering the BookBook for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro starting today, while a 9.7-inch version will be coming in the near future. The BookBook is priced at $99.99 and can be purchased from the Twelve South website.

Article Link: Twelve South Introduces BookBook for iPad Pro

MadDawg2020

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012

Twelve South today debuted a new version of its popular BookBook case, this time designed to fit Apple's 12.9-inch iPad Pro. Made from high-quality leather, the BookBook, for those unfamiliar, is designed to look like a classic book, offering protection for the iPad while also concealing it. It's handcrafted and carefully distressed so each BookBook has a unique look.

twelvesouthipadprobookbook.jpg

The BookBook for iPad Pro features two hardback covers to protect the iPad while traveling, and it has a built-in storage pocket to hold an Apple Pencil or stylus. Dual zippers keep it closed and a soft microfiber protects the iPad's screen.

twelvesouthbookbook2.jpg

When in use, a kickstand inside the cover of the BookBook can be arranged at an ideal angle for writing, drawing, and painting, plus there's a second cover angle that turns it into a hands-free "presentation mode" for watching videos and displaying artwork.

Twelve South is offering the BookBook for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro starting today, while a 9.7-inch version will be coming in the near future. The BookBook is priced at $99.99 and can be purchased from the Twelve South website.

Article Link: Twelve South Introduces BookBook for iPad Pro
[doublepost=1463592143][/doublepost]Great!!! After the newest iOS update all the bricked iPad pros are about as high tech as an old book.

Daws001

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2011
The States
Love the look and that it holds the pencil but I'm not sure about how it's secured in the case. Didn't older versions have corner straps that held the iPad in place? Seems like this version will be a pain to have to pry the iPad out of that case every time you wanted to use a smart keyboard (which I use often).

Buckeyestar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2011
Love the look and that it holds the pencil but I'm not sure about how it's secured in the case. Didn't older versions have corner straps that held the iPad in place? Seems like this version will be a pain to have to pry the iPad out of that case every time you wanted to use a smart keyboard (which I use often).
No, all the iPad BookBooks have been like this. It was the MacBook versions that had corner straps. And it's not that difficult to put an iPad in or take it out.

dwaltwhit

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Tennessee
Interesting style, but not mine. I appreciate the design and execution, but I'm more into minimalist approach to protection.

scott911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2009
off topic: I'd like 12 south to make a subwoofer accessory for imac; something using similar technology to their product for the laptop, but powered from wall so it can consume reasonable wattage to drive a decent woofer. My hand's up to be your beta tester.

Reactions: orbital~debris

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Really don't get why people want to put their iPad into something that looks like an old worn book, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Couldn't be happier with the Sena Vettra I got for my iPad Pro. Ticks all the boxes for what I want out of an iPad case.

peakman

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2016
Really like the material they've chosen for this case, though it does make it kind of bulky and heavy...

Beerstalker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2011
Peoria, IL
If only I could find a case that fit somewhere between this and the Moko ultra slim case.
http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-iPad-Pro...1463611335&sr=1-3&keywords=moko+ipad+pro+case

I just want a case with a shell like the Moko, but just one big flap on the front. I don't need the front to fold a bunch of different ways to try to prop it up, as I have never used that on any of my previous ipad cases, and I actually find it more of a nuisance. The biggest thing I want though is a little more room between the ipad and the hinge so you can store the Apple Pencil there, like the Book Book has.

So pretty much I just want a padfolio like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Bags-Less-Del...UTF8&qid=1463611626&sr=1-12&keywords=padfolio
But with the iPad Pro held in place instead of the notepad.

If anyone sees that let me know.

Ivanovitchk

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
Paris, FR
off topic: I'd like 12 south to make a subwoofer accessory for imac; something using similar technology to their product for the laptop, but powered from wall so it can consume reasonable wattage to drive a decent woofer. My hand's up to be your beta tester.

wtf m8? just get a real speaker / sound system !

Bigsk8r

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2011
Austin, Texas
Especially one with a title like Book Book... unless, of course, that easily gives it away as a fake book containing a very expensive device. ;)

Yes, because every band of thieves rummaging through your house are looking at the bookshelf and coffee table and reading the book titles.

:cool:

Reactions: SteveW928

SteveW928

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2010
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Yes, because every band of thieves rummaging through your house are looking at the bookshelf and coffee table and reading the book titles.

:cool:

:) I think by the time it's gone that far, you're in trouble anyway, even if your iPad remains hidden. I was thinking more about it being in one's backpack or such. I'm guessing it's more for someone who just like the novelty of it, than theft protection, though.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
To me, this would make a better sleeve. As a case, especially one where the user is supposed to keep the iPad Pro inside, this is a bit awful.

Not like Twelve South at all. It looks more awkward to use this than a rMacbook.

As a sleeve ONLY, I'd buy it.

Reactions: SteveW928
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.