Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
That is a very cool machine. I wonder if they'll ever do anything like it again?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how many of these things were made?

D

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i wish that apple would make some cool designs loike that again. it's like a concep car, only a computer. it looks way ahead of it's time, and that's what i like about it.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
that's awsome! even the insides are the old apple colors! is it a machine that you would use if get it? how fast is it? that is so awsome. i hope you win.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.

City of Glass

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2003
Northern California
bennetsaysargh,

I'll probably turn it on. I'm imagining it somewhere amidst my collection, LEDs glowing red, the color of life and energy.

I have a fairly substantial array, including the whole Mac-128k through Mac SE/30 lineup, and one NeXT Cube with its daughter, the NeXT station. The Cube's mobo is 12" by 12"! And it glows in the dark!

Ha ha . . . anyway, thanks a lot for your support. :)

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
Originally posted by City of Glass
bennetsaysargh,

I'll probably turn it on. I'm imagining it somewhere amidst my collection, LEDs glowing red, the color of life and energy.

I have a fairly substantial array, including the whole Mac-128k through Mac SE/30 lineup, and one NeXT Cube with its daughter, the NeXT station. The Cube's mobo is 12" by 12"! And it glows in the dark!

Ha ha . . . anyway, thanks a lot for your support. :)

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

that's awsome! i wish i had that kind of money, eespecially when i don't have a job

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Originally posted by dukestreet
That is a very cool machine. I wonder if they'll ever do anything like it again?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how many of these things were made?

D

11,000 was the number that I read somewhere. Of course, I live in Japan so there are very few. Most are still in the U.S. I'm guessing.

$700 for a TAM.. it doesn't pay to be a collector anywhere else but in the U.S. .. :p

Apple's 30th Anniversary will be coming in a few years, I wonder if they have anything up their collective sleeves?

croozer

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2003
20th Anniv Mac is still great - if you have imagination!

Hey people,
The 20th anniv mac is worth $$$ just for those awesome sounding Bose speakers which alone must be worth at least $600 if not more.

Think of it --- it's the ultimate home MP3 machine!
Just take all the other software off and fill it up with TUNES!!

-c

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
That's what I do. I put in a PCI 10/100 Ethernet card and toss over mp3s from my TiBook into WinAmp and it works great. :)

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
Does it worry anyone else that his ~$10,000 TAM is sitting next to a drill press?:)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I thought we got rid of Citizen Sane aka City of Glass...

Why did somebody have to drag up this dead thread?

He was selling so much stuff and his story and name kept changing (but the email address tripped him up) that he smelled fishy, along with those idiotic ramblings.

I wouldn't worry about the machine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.