Twilight Princess : Feb 2nd ????

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Jan 25, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Ok I was in gamestop to see if DOA4 had arrived a couple of days early. It had :D Mario & Luigi on DS hadnt :eek:

The guy working said he was a 'nintendo nut' and informed me twilight princess was out on the 2nd... I told him that I had seen it advertised online as August for Ireland/UK and May for US - he basically told me I was wrong and a moron for questioning him because he was a real nintendo nut..

Whilst I was thinking to myself 'what a croc of shi*' I just smiled and paid for DOA and left... How I'd like to grab a hammer and smash open that nut ;)

Seriously are all gamestop employee's morons :)

2. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Remind me not to argue with you in a tool shed ;)

I'm looking forward to this Zelda. To be honest, I've dropped out of the zelda scene for awhile. It annoyed me when they get rid of the classic style and I didn't like the new stuff at first. This one is looking good enough to get me back into it, though. I do have the Zelda game from N64 laying around, maybe I should try to play it until TP comes out.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I wish. I really wish. I'll have loads of free time off uni in Feb. oh well. :)

4. dxm113 macrumors member

maybe some of you have already seen this, but I just came across it today . .

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This would make my 2006 if this was true.....wishing hopin!

Bless

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

In my experience, GameStop have the most intelligent employees.

There are three GS's in my area. Two of them are staffed entirely by Mac fans, several have partial or full CS degrees, are very polite and friendly, that don't make "Nintendo are teh kiddie!" jokes.

The third GameStop has idiots (it's actually a Babbages, owned by GameStop). Half the people there hate Nintendo and the guy I found that liked Nintendo started telling me how the Revolution's secret was it used WiMax.

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

According to Nintendo's website it still has a RP rating, which means i highly doubt it would come out on the 2nd

8. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Nah all the retailers have 25th August 2006 as the release for UK

Whilst DVDboxoffice and Amazon list May 15th for US/CANADA

3 Months extra torture for them to add European languages.. Thank god I always import games for my Panasonic Q :)

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'll probably change my mind later, but if TP is coming out in the later half of 2006 then I'm definitely holding off until Revolution day. just I'm going to want the best experience with what Nintendo are saying is the best Zelda game, just for the monitor output. So yea. Rev, 2005FPW, Twilight Princess. Heaven sent.
    I'm hoping TP comes out after the Rev, actually.

10. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Nah, come on Nintendo and Europe don't get on that well. It's the one territory Nintendo really doesn't seem to improve their dire track record in.
    Months and months if not a year in the case of Animal Crossing for Nintendo to get their finger out and release a game in Europe is a joke.

I really can't see Revolution out till Dec 2006 or Spring 2007.
    I would love to see it in the summer but my heart and head are at odds to this.

11. DrNeroCF macrumors 6502

Woah now, WW was in 'the classic style.' Oh, you never played any Zelda's before OoT, gotcha.

12. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

How do you not see it until possibly 2007? Nintendo promises it will be out in 2006. Also, howcome as late as Dec. 2006? Nintendo also promised it to be out by Thanksgiving. My guess is it the E3 thing in May.

13. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sorry you missunderstood. I'm talking about UK / Ireland release. We are usualy left up sh*t creek with nintendo.

14. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Oh OK, sry:D :p

15. PharmD macrumors 6502

From what I've read, TP will be out Aprilish in the US so a few months later in Europe I guess.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno, Nintendo said that the Rev would launch in each region within a 14 week window. they're usually quite good when it comes to announcements.
    I don't believe the Thanksgiving thing though. like I've said before. if the euro one comes out after the american one, and that it seems like they're launching it just for an american holiday... I dunno it just doesn't add up. unless its a coincidence that its hitting Thanksgiving in the US.

they better have ours out for Bonfire night if this is the case ;) no offence to americans, but hell if I'm running off the US holiday calendar.

17. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

I can assure you it is not coming out prior to April (at the earliest). Also, if that Gamestop employee happened to look in the computer they would see June as the release date. However, June has not officially been announced as the new release date. All I can tell you is that it definitely isn't in Feb. and it isn't coming out prior to April due to Fiscal reasons. And if it was Feb 2nd we would have a new GC demo for stores and the marketing/merchandising material to support the release..

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

It does not matter if it comes out after the REV. because the REV. can play GC games so i'll be getting both.

Bless

19. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

it is not coming out after the Revolution. It will be out prior to the Revolution. And it isn't coming out in February.

20. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

a nice summer release would be nice for me...i wouldn't feel guilty about not being able to play it until school is ober :)

21. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

I dont care when the rev comes out... as long as its after june 16th (when I graduate) so I wont feel bad! but untill this summer/fall, I'll be set with my DS/GBA games

22. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Amazon is now saying that its coming out May 15th. Just noticed this today, anyone here anything different?

23. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

The Super NES was the last one I played (or was it the gameboy one? Whichever came later). When they started making it more 3rd person or whatever, instead of viewing from the top like the original Zelda, was when I stopped played. Finally time to come back, though.

24. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

So did you go back to that store and laugh at this guy yet?

25. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

The guys & 2 gals in there are really thick. Not just being insulting for the sake of insulting, but while I was there a young lad was trding in a 360 he had been bought for christmas (he wanted an xbox? go figure) anyway there was three men in there all trying to hook up the 360 to test it was working, a job that would take a monkey 5 minutes to do, and they simply couldnt do it.

After 20 minutes the father of the lad was getting really iritated and I guess worried that they had fecked up the 360 so he damanded to speak to the manager. Turn's out one of the apes on show was the manager :eek: NOT A SINGLE CLUE !!! After antother 10 minutes the father demanded the console back, told them he would test it at home and if it wasn't working he'd be in to get a refund from them......

It was sooooooo cringy and embarrasing just to watch this fiasco going on. But quite funny too :D

I stopped going in now as they never have games on launch day, and as already stated in my opening, clueless about release dates & format...