Twilight Princess!

Discussion in 'Games' started by twistedlegato, Jun 15, 2006.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Which concole are you going to buy Twilight Princess on...wii or gamecube...
    i am chose the wii!! what about you?

2. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I have it pre-ordered for the GC, but it all depends on wether or not I get a wii at launch.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well I've had the GC title on pre-order since March 2004, so it will only be 2 and a half years by the time it's released. Not bad :)

But I'll probably get it on wii in the end.

4. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Yeah, I've had it preordered since forever ago. Probably around the same time you preordered yours.

5. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Probably Gamecube, though if I own the Wii by then and it is drastically better I might get that version instead.

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

7. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

i think there will be only one version of the game and itll be playable on the Wii and GC and the Wii content will be unlocked when its played on the Wii...

8. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I will get the Wii version but I sure hope that if I get bored or don't like the wii controls for the game I can use a gamecube controller also.

9. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

10. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

I have had the gc version on pre-order for over a year now, but once ebgames starts pre-orders on the wii verson, I think i'll be getting that instead. I have this funny feeling that i'll end up with a wii on launch day...

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

so Nintendo was lying during their press conference?:confused:

12. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

This is why we don't listen to people without 'tars :p

JK kinda

There will be 2 versions

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Wii, definitely. Just for 16:9 and the precise aiming. I wouldn't mind paying an extra £5-10 for a true widescreen Zelda. AND in progressive scan (welcome to the UK, where Prog Scan doesn't exist on our native consoles)

14. jdechko macrumors 68040

15. sk1985 macrumors regular

I'm getting which ever one has the most polished controls. I'm going to try them both out. I own a GC and I'll be owning a wii too (like that really matters if you own a wii you have GC functions too).

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Slightly off topic, but....

Does anyone know if the wii will be region free?

Most of my games are import NTSC, so if it's not region free it looks like I'm gonna have to import a wii too.

17. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

The GameCube version because I'm a cheap a$$ and don't want to buy a Wii or any other next gen console until the first price drop.

18. sk1985 macrumors regular

I honestly don't know. If live in an area where it's all PAL signals then you'd most likely need a NTSC GC or Wii. I've never have heard of a US or Japanese game with dual signals. Don't some (not all) PAL games have weird bars on them or distorted pictures because of some strange transferring? At least thats what I read ages ago (I don't know if thats true at all).

19. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I wished Nintendo would get rid of Regions. It never existed on their handhelds and they'd only make money from ppl importing games.

20. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Definitely the Wii - it will be the perfect excuse to buy one.

21. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

Amen brother-- I am very fond of the Wind Waker controls and I really hope that I can use a gamecube controller on the Wii if I want. If I cant I may just get the cube version--

22. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah and no. Properly converted pal games work well, the badly converted ones dont.

Nintendo have been providing Pal 60hz option for full screen gaming for a good while (it was actually the dreamcast that had this feature as standard on nearly all its games).

With the advent of Xbox 360 an HD resolutions, PAL & NTSC hasnt really been too much of an issue as HD 1280x720 60hz is the same regardless of where you are. The only time it's made a difference is for those who still use SD, in which case nearly all new pal 360 games are Pal 60hz only.

What this has meant is that the delay between releasing in territories has gone from 6-8 months to only a week or so, much much improved. As close to a simultaneous release as we could hope.

However with Nintendo's usual contempt for Europe and the fact that the Wii is an SD machine, means that the old Pal 50 & Bad conversions could still apply.

In the end I'll probably just get a US machine, to go with my Pansasonc Q gamecube.

Freeloader may work on the wii, but until it's released we'll never know.

23. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I am also chose Wii. I won't get it at launch, though... I'll wait six months or so for a used copy. :p

I'm looking at the confirmed launch titles and just not sold on the system. They need to hit me with a Mario Party or a Mario Kart since Mario Galaxy isn't going to be ready. If the price is good, say $199 with WiiSports, I might pick one up just for that (especially if they put a Duck Hunt game on the WiiSports disc) and the Virtual Console. If they put two controllers in the box for $199 (and WiiSports) it'll be no contest.

$249 or no pack in goodness... well, I'll have to wait for a price drop or some must have game. Then again, maybe Red Steel will evolve into a must have (for me).

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

going to that EGM article

If the Wii version was upgradable I'd be very happy. downloading map extensions, new items (the item menu system was based around not knowing how many itmes there are in total), and other fancy stuff. could be ace. upgradability pushes that Wii version up my book.

now... where to buy an 8gb SD card...

25. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

dude... that's forum descrimination.