Twin Towers Petition Part Two

Discussion in 'Community' started by taeclee99, Jul 11, 2002.

1. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

What do you guys think of this new petition I thought of?

To: David Stern (NBA Comissioner) and fans everywhere

Those of us who have seen David Robinson and Tim Duncan play basketball know what amazing chemistry these players have on the court. When the San Antonio Spurs won their first NBA title in franchise history three years ago by defeating the New York Knicks 78-77 at Madison Square Garden, I was overjoyed.
    However the announcers at NBC Sports with the blessing of Comissioner David Stern have decided to tastelessly refer to these two men as "The Twin Towers". This title is clearly meant to refer to the attacks on the World Trade Center. In this post-September 11 world, it is unforgiveable that this should be allowed to happen. The idea is both offensive and morally repugnant. Hopefully, when David Stern and, more importantly, the National Basketbal Association see the number of signatures on this petition, the title will be changed to something a little more sensitive.

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

I think the name "Twin Towers" ONLY should be referred to the WTC, unless this name for the NBA has something changed/added from that title (Ex. Twin Towers of the NBA). Just like September 11, the date "9/11" should ONLY refer to the day in which it happened. If people have to mention a different September 11 (Ex. Steven Biko), then an addition (in this case, a year) has to be added.

Overall, don't refer to some twosome under the same title as the two buildings of our country that stood for so long. It really is, as Donald Duck would say, "dispecable".

3. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

they've been called the twin towers for a while and i don't think they were being referred as "clearly meant to refer to the attacks on the wtc"...

maybe they should say something like twin towers of the nba...

but then again, people refer to that day as "nine one one"... should we change our emergency number now or something?

or "dial nine one one the emergency number"?

that's just being a bit too sensitive.
    in my opinion

edit: ok, i just now saw the other thread and realize you were joking... straight up!

4. Choppaface macrumors 65816

if they called them the two towers before it happened, I'd let them keep calling them that. mourning is good, but changing little things in society everywhere in reaction is just what those guys wanted to happen....

5. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

If that was sarcasm, it was really subtle.

Hmmmmm....

Taft

6. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

It would have to be.....

I do believe it was, considering "Dispicable" was DAFFY DUCK's tag line....... DONALD DUCK Just threw **** fits.:D ;) :p

Details, details.:rolleyes: