Twitch for iOS Updated with 750 Live Channels, Redesigned Chat Interface

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 11, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Video game broadcasting platform Twitch has released an update for its iOS app, bringing new features such as a redesigned chat interface and a live toggle between mobile-ready and desktop-optimized streams. Also, the update increases the amount of viewable channels on the app to 750 channels total, up from 200 previously, and adds integration with live in-game offers from gaming platform Steam.

[​IMG]
    Twitch is a universal app that can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Twitch for iOS Updated with 750 Live Channels, Redesigned Chat Interface

2. macrumors 6502a

Yet another ad from Macrumors?

3. macrumors member

Who cares? They need to make money. How does it harm you in any way?

4. macrumors 68030

macs4nw

5. macrumors 6502a

As a reader of rumors and news site i don't like ads posing as news items. But why do you care to comment my comment? How does my comment harm you in any way?

6. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I use Twitch...on Android. :eek:

7. macrumors 6502a

Reading the title, I had no idea what this was all about.

Then, I was like, "Ohhh, you mean Twitch.tv!" Seriously, my brand association is with twitch.tv, not twitch.

8. macrumors 65816

TouchMint.com

Hmm seems cool although I don't really game much.

9. macrumors member

Up from 200, which was presumably down from there being no limit. They got a lot of flack for that.

I don't understand why you can't watch everyone on Twitch.tv from the iOS app.

10. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

To be honest if you find a popular stream of a game that you like it can be enjoyable to chat with others that share similar interests. I participate quite heavily in MechWarrior: Online even in its current state. I've found the streaming aspect more interesting and on occasion get to drop in matches that are streamed.

11. macrumors 65816

TouchMint.com

Yea good point seems like a pretty good service. now I just need to learn to game a bit lol. Also seems like a good place to check out some games.

12. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's surprisingly helpful to watch someone stream a game before making any game purchases. Or in some cases just watch someone load up an emulator and watch them to kill some time.