Twitter for Mac Private Account

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mac Elvis, May 26, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

May 20, 2012
    Any idea how to rectify this problem? Twitter for Mac is saying Private Account on timeline and mentions so won't load tweets.:confused:

Edit: Just did a search on Twitter and it seems quite a few in the same boat today. Bad times.
  2. Mac Elvis, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012

thread starter macrumors newbie

May 20, 2012
    Uninstalled the app and deleted all Twitter related files. Then reinstalled and got this message

The operation can’t be completed because the item “https_twitter.com_0.localstorage” is in use.

when trying to empty trash? Any ideas?

EDIT: Shut down MBA and rebooted. Trash now empty. Re-installed Mac app but still saying Private account. Very poort this Twitter, very poor.

EDIT: When I checked it Finder a preference file under documents keeps re-appearing after deletion. Any idea why this would happen?
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

May 20, 2012
    Re-installed a 3rd time and its now working. Very weird as it seems to have affected a number of users.
  4. macrumors newbie

Sep 23, 2012
    Same thing

Same thing just happened to me. Did you guys figure out how to fix it?
  5. macrumors newbie

Nov 22, 2012
    I've solved this by removing the twitter app from the Applications folder.
    And then in ~/Library (the library folder in your home folder) do a search for "twitter" and remove everything related to the app. like com.twitter in preferences folder, caches folder, ...