Two Dead After Weapon Discharge Causes Explosion Fire

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Aug 20, 2013.

1. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

In where the responsible gun owner is showing off his AR-15 and it accidentally fires and results in his kid's death. :rolleyes:

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Tw...ischarge-Causes-Explosion-Fire-220278331.html

2. macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Why you would ever load a round inside your home except if you needed to defend yourself is beyond me. People also drive 85 MPH on bald tires or never clean their dryer vent until it catches their home on fire. I see people do all kinds of unsafe stuff that gets them hurt or killed. Why? I don't know.

Another lesson to learn from this is never ever re-enter a burning building for any reason. I know at the moment it might seem to be a good idea to put out the fire on your own, but things can get out of hand very quickly. Get out and call the Fire Dept.

3. macrumors 6502

lannister80

$10 says this guy thought he was a "responsible gun owner", just like every other gun owner.

4. macrumors 68000

Happybunny

I have a feeling that by the end of the day Fox News will be making out that this is incident is all President Obama's fault.:cool:

5. macrumors 601

Technarchy

Something is not passing the sniff test.

I'm wagering improper storage of combustible agents. I've seen millions of rounds fired through the years, and never saw a fire start raging as a result.

6. macrumors 68000

steve knight

Guns don't usually accidentally fire on their own. Well unless the NRA says so.

7. macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Looks like you need more laws to regulate fire, not guns.

8. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

And you are a professional fireman too?

9. macrumors 68040

I agree, cause we all know fired rounds are ice cold. :D

10. macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I agree with what Technarchy said. The Mythbusters tried to blow up a car gas tank and a propane tank with a bullet fired from a gun and could not make it happen.

My thoughts and prays go out to the family.

11. macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Well the only explosive gas that should be inside of a home is natural gas which "should be" contained in iron pipes except in new construction they are using a lot more poly because it's cheap.

It doesn't take a professional fireman to know that all explosive fuels and gases should be stored outside of the living area.

12. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

So gun owners are generally inherently ignorant?

13. macrumors 68040

If the guy shot a tracer round, basically anything flammable go boom. Something I doubt Mythbusters tried.

14. macrumors 6502

fox10078

Actually they did, and it was the only way to make it explode.

15. macrumors 601

GermanyChris

The muzzle flash probably started the fire not the bullet..

Why the thought he needed to chamber a round to show his buddy is beyond me..

16. macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

There are car accidents everyday... So are automobile owners generally inherently ignorant?

17. macrumors 6502a

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I can't give you a fraction, but, it is pretty high. Just try riding the bus some time down a heavy traffic main street (e.g. 3+ lanes). The bus gives you a good view of what people are doing. See how many people are either on their phone with no handsfree device, texting, putting makeup on, have stuff blocking their rearview mirrors, eating a burger with both hands, etc., etc. No wonder there are so many car accidents everyday. That's another reason I hate to buy new cars. ;)

18. macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Your right and I think no matter what it is either guns, automobiles, home fire safety and maintenance, power equipment, motorcycles, ATV's, snowmobiles, chain saws, etc...etc...etc... all can cause injury and death. I see a general lack of safety when it comes to all sorts of stuff. How do we get people to take a few extra minutes and think safety I have no idea, but there would be a lot less injury and death if they did.

19. macrumors 603

One of these things is not like the others...

Hint: One's a weapon designed solely to kill. The others are tools.

20. macrumors G4

skunk

Only if they drive in their living room.