Two EyeTV Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macbaseball, Oct 7, 2005.

1. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

1) Is it possible to get a EyeTV 200 and use it with the EyeTV 500, and then use the same software. Basically, can the EyeTV software support 2 EyeTVs.

2) Is it possible to spread the storage folder across two hard drives. If so how would I go about doing that.

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Could you please elaborate on question one a bit

If I were you I would email Elgato about it.

3. macbaseball thread starter macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I would email them but I want someone with actual experience. If it doesn't work that well, then they probably will not tell me it sucks.

So here's the situation. I have a Power Mac g5 Dual 2.3, with an EyeTV 500 connected via the firewire port. I get get results from the HD content. My question is can I add an EyeTV 200, and get the analog channels. I know it's possible to buy the box, but how would it integrate into the software. I'm hoping it would be just like a TV, and you could just click between the two seemlessly using the EyeTV software.

My second question is about hard drives. I currently have a 250 gig hard drive and need to expand the library onto a second drive. I was wondering what the easiest way was to go about recording all the files onto the second drive once it is formatted. I want EyeTv to recognize all of the files I've recorded, yet there is only the option for one recording folder.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

1) I've read somewhere in the Elgato documentation that this is not supported. The software can only support a single piece of hardware.

2) I've not seen an option to do this. You might be able to hack the system somehow to get it to work...

5. risc macrumors 68030

risc

6. macbaseball thread starter macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Thanks a lot. I'll have to download that once I get my second hard drive.

7. macbaseball thread starter macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does iEyeCaptain, replace EyeTV software completely, or is it just a supplement. I'm a bit confused on what user interface one uses. Is this like a plugin to span the drives?