Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luisomtz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Mexico
After updating to Mac Os 10.4.9 via software update, I have this problem, there are to Finders in my dock! Really weird. The problem is I cant eliminate neither each one of those. I have an iBook G4, those anybody else have this problem???

nazmac21

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
Digital World
After updating to Mac Os 10.4.9 via software update, I have this problem, there are to Finders in my dock! Really weird. The problem is I cant eliminate neither each one of those. I have an iBook G4, those anybody else have this problem???

Did you copy the Finder's icon to another application that's located in the dock?

luisomtz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Mexico
No, I only updated, and this is what happened, the more weird is I can move the finder with the triangle under it, and it isnt supposed to be moved. really strange :confused:

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
Since the finder you are using automatically opens when you log in and places the little arrow at the bottom to show it is in use, keep that one and just drag the other one out and let it poof away.

luisomtz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Mexico
But after removing it from the dock, can I put it again??? It looks really cool because no one has the dock like that. :apple:

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
I mean what an annoying question dude. How the heck should I know, I just take the time to try and help when there is a problem. Go try it and see, then come back and post a message complaining about not being able to have two finders.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
If you want it gone, have you tried restarting?? That is where you should start and if you want 2 finders then why this thread??

Benjamin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2003
Portland, OR
But after removing it from the dock, can I put it again??? It looks really cool because no one has the dock like that. :apple:

actually with a ppc mac and transparent dock you can make the finder movable and auto generate another finder icon and place it where ever you want. so it really isn't that unique. Plus it looks like one finder is actually running with two instances of the icon, not two finders running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.